Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the board here so I'm not positive what the typical format is for posting questions but I'm getting the following message which causes the computer to reboot. The error pops up approximately 2 hours after the computer has been logged in.

Services.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x606d334c" referenced memory at "0x02d40328". The memory could not be "read".

Clicking either OK or Cancel causes the computer to reboot. You can move the window to the side and ignore it but that doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks,

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

After doing a bunch of searching, I don't have any answer. I only found about 6 entries for 0x606d334c, no one had an answer :sigh:

If you drag it across the screen, so you can continue to work, do you notice other problems like slowing down?

BG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, everything else seems to be working fine but having an error always on the screen isn't exactly ... kosher.

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Really doesn't sound like any form of "malware", to me.

Since it has to be on a couple hours, maybe a heat problem.

When was the last time you had this PC open and cleaned out the dust?
assuming it is desk top.

BG

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

What is the exact error on the screen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm curious if it's a power issue since the computer is plugged into a powerbar, which is plugged into another powerbar. Other then that everything is fine. (Swapped out the PC with a freshly imaged PC of the exact model and got the same error.)

I don't have a screenshot of the error but it is exactly what I have written in the original post.

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Hi again:

I don't think anybody has an answer as there is no information of the error, you are getting.

As far a power bar plugged into another one, should not be a problem. But not really advised.

I want to make sure I understand correctly, you have two Computers that have seem issue/ error message?

Have you tried moving the PC into another room and trying it? Get the same error?

Got anyway to check the line voltage coming into the PC (test meter)?

BG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem doesn't occur when the computer(s) are hooked up at a different location. I have tried 3 computers now (all the same type/model/specifications) and each one gets the same error when plugged in at the one location (using multiple powerbars.) I'm guessing it's power related since that is the only difference...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.