Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

I am starting to finally decide upon my final components for my new build. I am wishing to build a more " Workstation " level computer. I shall be running the Adobe Suite, from Adobe After Efffects, PS CS4, Premiere, Sony Vegas and several Programming software's for my work.
I will not be running any video games so will be looking at a workstation card for the higher polygon count. Looking more towards an ATI Fire GL. Can spend around $150 - $350 on an entry level card. I do not use an CAD or 3D modeling applications. Only Fireworks, Photoshop and Video editing for my main " media " rendering. I would love to use a dual quad core set up like the Mac Pro. My problem is that most MOBO's that I have found on newegg that are server boards are running the older DDR2 667 Ram and have not found any that support the new core i7 that I wish to use. I wish to use DDR3 Ram and can only find single CPU boards that do what I require. I use Linux alot and love building my own machines, so I am not sure if I should go with the Mac Pro or not?. I know I can run all my software via bootcamp on the Mac.

I plan 12GB Ram, workstation card, core i7, SSD drives and so forth. Some people have mentioned a server MOBO runs a workstation fantastic. Is this true?. Or should I stick with a desktop board?. So yeah, wondering which workstation GPU would be best for my price range and which type of MOBO I should buy?.

Thanks.

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,106 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.