Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my problem. I have a wireless network set up. I have my desktop on a hard line LAN connected to a Linksys WRT54G ver. 2 wireless router, currently running firmware v2.02.2, Jan 6, 2004. In the next room is a file server/Multimedia PC on a wireless card. I'd like to know how, if possible, to get the server to show up to a friend of mine a couple rooms down, who has the exact same wireless router. Currently you can go to the PC and select which wireless network to connect to, mine or his, so each person can have sole access to the server, but I am looking for a more perminant solution. If anyone can give me some steps to set someting like that up, be it an FTP setup, a VPN, an Ad-Hoc or something of that line, I'd appreciate it. Best case scenario would be to have the server connect to my wireless network and somehow open up a port where he can map a network drive would be best, but even a way to get it on an FTP would be fine. I'm not incredibly versed in networking, I can set up port routing for applications, and set up things like WPA-PSK encryptions and such, but when it comes to more complicated thing like subnet masks and DNS, I'm not so good.

Thank you...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.