Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

So basicly I have a Windows Server 2012 Hypervisor and it recently gets a lot of BSODs. I have run some programs and made a few searches to see if I could find a solution, but got nothing so I decided to try getting help from TechSupport FORUM.

From what I've it can be CPU or RAM but I don't really know and don't want to waste money without being sure. I have gone through the minidump but don't really understand it.

Can you guys check it, see if you find something?

Thanks in advance, hope you guys can help, I'm desperate :frown:

Attachments

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts
Welcome to TSF,

For future postings could you please refer to this page. http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-8-1-8-7-and-vista-452654.html
The Dump file you have supplied is NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE (80), this can be hard to pin down which hardware was at fault.
I'd start by making sure all RAM modules are seated correctly and any HDD ports are securely connected.

Next you can start running some tests.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool - Tests RAM, download the Auto-install for USB if you BIOS can boot from a USB stick.
HDD Test - As i dont know your Hardware you'll have to find out the make/model of your HDD to download the manufactures utility program to run the appropriate tests.
GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet - Prime95 is a CPU stress test that calculates prime numbers, if the program crashes or your system BSOD its likely your CPU is the cause. *Caution when running Prime95 your CPU will get very hot. Make sure you have sufficient cooling*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.