Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues getting the logon script to run. I am successful if I assign the logon script to each user via their profile tab, however, I've got a lot of users.

GPO via the OU, good idea. OK, I've created an OU and have added a couple of user accounts. Then I right clicked upon the OU and selected Properties, then selected the Group Policy tab. Since this was a new OU there were no GPO's. I clicked New and added "Basic Group Policy Object". Clicked Edit to get to the GPO Editor, clicked User Configuration, Windows Settings, Scripts. Double Clicked Logon, Add, Browse. Had copied to clipboard my drive mapping batch file and then pasted it into the default folder.

%SystemRoot%\sysvol\sysvol\<domain DNS name>\<policy GUID>\user\scripts\logon

Then exited with applys and Ok's. When I logon with one of the users accounts....nothing :sad: ...???? These user accounts are admin accounts.

I welcome all suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what about the security settings ?

What I am missing in "what you did" is,
you need to maintain also the security. Policies need to be pointing to users/computers (they don't even have to be in that OU). check properties,
tab security and apply the policy to certain users. These need also to be able to read the policy.
Be always careful about assigning policies and the policies themself, to much can screw up your system.

Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is also no reason you can't select multiple users and edit their properties en masse. Just highlight all of the users then right click and go to properties. Also if you're interested in learning more about GPO and AD there is an event being hosted by Computer Associates called CA World, that will have breakout sessions covering this sort of thing. You can check it out here www.ca.com/caworld/
Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.