Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladz from TSF, i am wondering if you can help me with this problem i am having with my on board sound card.

The Motherboard is a ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe X2, and the Sound card Software is SoundMAX.

After reinstalling ''Windows XP Professional SP2'' i downloaded the SoundMAX Drivers from the ASUS Website and upon clicking the ''setup.exe'' file within the zip file i have noticed windows will display the error "The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found."

I have tryed changing the advanced settings in the BIOS to enable HD Audio and still no joy. I have found this reletive link to one of the earlier ASUS Boards some guy had a problem with if this helps.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060613154152328&board_id=1&model=M2N32-SLI+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Please HELP me TSF, im lost without my sound!

Thanks

Stripez =

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Seems the link has some pretty good idea's. Have you tried the suggestions?
You may need a bios flash, but at this point it would be extreme, I would
try suggestions from link first..

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Hi Manic, Right let me show you what i have done...

Here are the quotes of what other people have said about the problem on the ASUS forum i sent you the link to, in which i have tryed

''I had this problem too, for me it was caused by the HD Audio option being disabled in the bios (go to Advanced->Onboard Device Configuration) so you could try that. Also try installing the drivers that came on the installation disk first to rule out the beta drivers...''

Tryed to enable the option, the settings on my board are 'Auto' or 'Disable' so i set it to auto, as for the drivers with the installation disk, i never got an installation disk with my board, so i have just been looking on the ASUS website for drivers for the ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe X2 (64bit) and i have tryed downloading a few of them off the site and still each one will always come back to the HD Audio Error. The furthest i have got with it is installing the SoundMAX ''ADI1988 Audio Beta Driver V5.10.1.4530 for Windows XP 64bit/2003 64bit'' drivers off the site and then it will say that HD Audio has been enabled and to restart (view below)

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fdfveb2.jpg

''Ok, finally figured it out. Once it's turned on in the bios and you have the MS HD hotfix installed, check in the device manager. There should be an unknown pci device, update the driver on that and the soundmax drivers will install.''

I have had the same thing happen to me, i have turned the Hd Audio on and when Windows boots it will display a PCI Device, However i have no idea where and what to do next. I am unable to locate the MS HD Hotfix ANYWHERE on the internet and i have no idea of what to update my SoundMAX drivers to either.

''It's not quite what I did. I disabled and then re-enabled the HD audio, switched the front-panel thing to HD Audio and rebooted. Windows found new hardware without any input. However, when I ran the SoundMax setup.exe, it told me to uninstall them. So I did, rebooted, and everything worked fine, I even have the handy SoundMax tray icon (bleh). Thanks! Now I just have to figure out what this lone 'Unknown Device' is. Might be the other SATA controller.''

I have tryed also in disabling and re enabling the HD Audio...i have also had the message where by after i have booted windows and installed the SoundMAX Drivers again, it will need to uninstall them, so i did and still having problems :(

Heres a Picture of the HD Error (after installing AD1988_64bit_V51024530J Sound Max drivers from the ASUS website)

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdaaudioerrorhe1.jpg

If you have any ideas of what the heck im doing wrong, would really apreciate them, as before i wiped my hard drive i never ever had this problem before.

Thanks alot TSF!

Stripez =

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I would double check bios insuring everything is enabled as far as hd audio
goes. Scour the asus support site for hd audio driver, to bad you dont
have install disk. You have installed chipset drivers correct?
Bottom line I think its either a bad bios setting or the driver, Im leaning
toward the hd driver.
As a last resort you may try flashing bios, if you can get system stable
without the hd driver. Last resort, and be careful doing so.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks manic, hmm i dont know where to find the chipset drivers for my board on the internet and havent installed them, would that be why?

Thanks

Stripez =

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Could very well be the problem, chipset drivers are a must, you can
hobble along with the windows drivers, but not the same.

·
Registered
906 Posts
After reinstalling ''Windows XP Professional SP2'' i downloaded the SoundMAX Drivers from the ASUS Website and upon clicking the ''setup.exe'' file within the zip file i have noticed windows will display the error "The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found."
Stripez =
How do you launch something from within a zip file?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Easy, I do it all the time from .rar files, just open the rar file and double click the .exe\install file, and it installs, presumably because the rar file is open, although not extracted, it is still able to get the files it requires.

Not to sure about this issue though, have you tried installing with ALL other programs shut down ?
Anti virus and firewalls often get in the way of installs, possibly other protection etc as well, just remember to come offline before shutting your firewall down unless you have a hardware firewall as you will have no protection until you reboot, only suggestion I have TBH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.