Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I am not an expert but I have been quickly learning about TCP/IP protocol and etc. and I now have a problem at hand I have been trying to solve for almost 2 weeks. I got my PS3 online to work again, but I still cannot figure out my pc's problem.

Heres whats happening: I am secretly getting internet from my dad's computer in the other room directly to my PS3's system. THEN what I THINK is happening, im not sure if this is possible or not, is my PS3 is sending a signal to my old ps2/xbox linksys game adapter which links up to my computer through the ethernet jack in the back. I have gotten a connection before, it took me a while of trying to put in numbers and getting signals and I got it. But the problem was every day it would have these random moments where I wouldnt recieve packets and I would lose connection while playing runescape, sometimes it would take a day to refix itself. I however was stupid enough to go and try to fix it myself, and of course ended up making it worse...so now I have tried all IP possible, ive tried the command prompt using ipconfig/renew and ipconfig/release but it keeps saying operation failed. Ive tried everything I thought possible to try and get the connection back. Sometimes I am able to sneak and get my linksys wireless adapter which Im using at the moment and try to figure out the problem by sort of "copying" and adapting the same methods to the game adapter, but so far no luck. I am STUMPED, anyone got a clue what I should do?

P.S. I can provide information needed to solve this problem, oh and please dont tell me to get a wireless bridge or anything of the sort, I dont have the cash on me and someone already tried to tell me that >.<

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Alright I am not an expert but I have been quickly learning about TCP/IP protocol and etc. and I now have a problem at hand I have been trying to solve for almost 2 weeks. I got my PS3 online to work again, but I still cannot figure out my pc's problem.

Heres whats happening: I am secretly getting internet from my dad's computer in the other room directly to my PS3's system. THEN what I THINK is happening, im not sure if this is possible or not, is my PS3 is sending a signal to my old ps2/xbox linksys game adapter which links up to my computer through the ethernet jack in the back. I have gotten a connection before, it took me a while of trying to put in numbers and getting signals and I got it. But the problem was every day it would have these random moments where I wouldnt recieve packets and I would lose connection while playing runescape, sometimes it would take a day to refix itself. I however was stupid enough to go and try to fix it myself, and of course ended up making it worse...so now I have tried all IP possible, ive tried the command prompt using ipconfig/renew and ipconfig/release but it keeps saying operation failed. Ive tried everything I thought possible to try and get the connection back. Sometimes I am able to sneak and get my linksys wireless adapter which Im using at the moment and try to figure out the problem by sort of "copying" and adapting the same methods to the game adapter, but so far no luck. I am STUMPED, anyone got a clue what I should do?

P.S. I can provide information needed to solve this problem, oh and please dont tell me to get a wireless bridge or anything of the sort, I dont have the cash on me and someone already tried to tell me that >.<
These kind of threads make me :laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Secretly getting Internet?

I think I'll pass on this one.
Im not doing anything illegal, my parents are extremist when it comes to punishment, and yes I am still grounded, it will be 1 year on the 15th of this month, thats how extreme they are and tbh I got tired of waiting so in January I decided to learn more about computers to see if I could get my game adapter to recieve a signal and get internet. I have gotten a connection and now it wont work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.