Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! I have a lil' problem with my computer. For about a week now, it has been shutting down and restarting itself for no apparent reason. When it restarts I get a message saying that there was a serious error and windows had to shut down :4-dontkno

I managed to get a screen shot of the "error-report-thingie", as you can see below. Hopefully the damn thing doesn't shut down until I've completed this post :rolleyes:

I hope I posted this in the right forum .... apologies if I didn't. ANY help or advice on this problem would be appreciated. Thanks

Andy

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
turn off the auto reboot and then post the bsod error message that comes up,when the computer freezes,in full
c/panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery settings
and untick the box

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi andyF,

one thing you can do is to check your ram for any errors. checkout majorgeeks and download memtest86 and put the program on a cd. the program is located in the memory section. then bootup with it and let memtest86 test your ram for any errors.

make sure to let the program go for about a minimum of 10passes. good luck and post back if you have more problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.