Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i have a similar problem, packets sent but none received.I have the Realtek RTL8139/810X Family Fast Ethernet NIC and i have tried everything to get it online but nothing helps i am at a loss on to why i can't get online anymore.I tried windows xp sp2 self extracting cabrinet a friend gave me he told me it would work and get me back online but it didnt when i install it says access denied it extracts the files and then says it install half of it but was unable to finish and windows xp might not work right.Can anyone help me?:4-dontkno

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,568 Posts
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
  2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
  3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,493 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF!

and also....you may try this suggestion:

Click on Start =>Control Panel => dbl click Network Connections => dbl click Local Area Connection, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties. In here, do you have Obtain an IP Address automatically ticked or selected? If not pls. do so. Now, you try to connect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.