Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a MERLIN pop up repeatedly. I have tried to download a program called Registry Mechanic to fix the problem, but when I run it it finds a multitude or errors, but rather than repair them it tries to sell me a package to fix the errores. I read a post that says to use AVAST! or AVG as a free vius program, but another posting shows these as programs I should delete when havibg problems. I am really confused. What can I do to clean adware spyware malware etc and viruses that I already have and what should I install to keep from getting more. I am not very computer proficient and not sure this post will even work. I tried to reply to another post and it said I did not have proper clearence or something like that. This is my first attempt to use this forum.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Download Adaware, Spybot , AVG(free version) and Zonealarm.(free) The first two will get rid of most Spyware etc and the last two keep your system safe. When you have them loaded Google ,Shields up, when it has loaded scroll down to the Silver bars and click on Scan all ports. This will show you if you being seen on the Net. run the Spyware at least once a week the others run automatically. Just a suggestion, if you don't do games consider another Operating system like Linux( get a Live cd ) or PCBSD( Both very good , reason, NO Virus or Spyare).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.