Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experienceing a frustrating problem with Internet Explorer 8 on my PC running XP lately.
I have Yahoo set as my home page, every time that I launch IE I get the

"An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet options for potential conflicts." bar popping up

I also get this happening on other websites, it appears that advertiseing is being blocked.
I am also experienceing a problem with the "There is a problem with this wesites security certivicate page opening up when I try to sign into websites that I have previouslly not had this problem with before, an example of this is when I log into Photobucket. This all appeared to start a month ago every time I tryed to sign into my Hotmail email address I cept being redirected to another page asking me to update my security questions and alternative email adress when I tried to do this iot would not accept my information and would not alow me to continue to my email, if I reclicked on my favorites link for hotmail it would then take me straight in.

I have tryed checking restricted sites and Trusted sites in the Tools/internet options/Security tabs in IE8 that did not help I have cleared all of my temp files run, ccleaner, spybot, Microsoft Security Essentuals and Malwarebytes. No change.
This is an extremley annoying problem espesially when I am looking on Trademe every time I click a new page or an Item for sale I get the "An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet options for potential conflicts. "
Any Ideas on what I can do to solve this problem.
I have tried going to the same sites on my daughters laptop and I have no problems on there at all I have also gone ito the internet/Security adavanced settings on my PC and the laptop and compared them, they are the same?:
Thanks for any help Chris

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,673 Posts
Reset Security settings to Default. Then Advanced>Restore Defaults.

·
28,673 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi I tried running IE without addons made no difference this problem seems to be getting worse it is even happening on this websit now, seems to be blocking advertiseing and flash based adds.
I am not really interested in useinf firefox I have used it before I don't like it I am an IE person
we to next

·
28,673 Posts
I'm trying to make sure the problem is with IE and not something else on your computer. Try my suggestion using FF and we'll see the result.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I downloaded Firefox and appart from an initial prblem the required me to download a flash plug-in I have not had a problem at all none of the pop ups that I was getting with ie8

·
28,673 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.