Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i restored my c drive to an earlier time but did not have my d drive restore turned on. now my computer will not read my d drive. i ran some file recovery software and all my files are in tact but will not open in xp. it wants me to format the d drive. is there a way to just do some kind of registry fix or a bootlog i can apply to get xp to read my drive.
by the way in my computer my d drive is regognized but cant open it, when i try it says it needs to be formatted.
man i hope someone can help me with this please i would really appreciate it:sigh:

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Why not take the drive back (restore it back) to where you had it and see if everything is O.K. with that. You might even select a date that is not so far back and see if you can do a restore with that and see if your D drive works that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tumbleweed36 said:
Hi,

Why not take the drive back (restore it back) to where you had it and see if everything is O.K. with that. You might even select a date that is not so far back and see if you can do a restore with that and see if your D drive works that way.
i already tried that multiple times

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything says active and healthy but it says 100% free space and i run a file recovery program and all my data is there. i did not see any import option

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.