Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was given this HD by a friend that said its way better than IDE & sata hds. 1st is this true? and if so then why. ive found info on seagate barricuda HDS but come up empty when i put in mdl#. i know im typing it in correct. i got the HD and a scsi cable from him but he said something about needing to get a card ? all i know is that im doing the smart thing and askin my ?s here so i get the right answer from the right people TECHSUPPORTFORUM. i dont ask often but i have quite afew times in the past and each time i realize that this site rocks.thxs any and all help is appreciated

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
Genetrally SCSI is faster than IDE drives of comparable age. This appears to be an older drive - 4 GB snd 7200 RPM. I doubt you will see much better performance than a SATA drive. 4GB of storage that i not a lot faster is probably not worththe cost of a SCSI adapter. Even with a current SCSI disk, the performance boosts on desktops are probably negligible. Here are the spec on the disk http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/st34572/Specs.htm#General

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.