Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROG GL552VW With Windows 10 pro (64bit) with 512gb ssd, 1tb 7200 hdd laptop.
Problems.
Realtek PCIE CardReader stopped working. One day I was transferring fotos and in front me all the files faded/grayed out and since then i couldn't recover the function os SD card reader. I did reinstall the OS but nothing helps. Upgraded/downgraded the driver, no luck. I can see the Realtek PCIE Card Reader in device manager. so I guess the card reader is functional but not responding.

Webcam was working but one day it has just stopped.

Any idea! anybody can help me with anything will be highly appreciated.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Did you go to the Asus Web site ROG GL552VL - Support and download the Chipset driver, then restart the computer and return to the download page and install the Card Reader driver?
If you don't have Bios V3.0.2, then download it from that page as well.

·
Global Moderator
44,227 Posts
A Windows Update might have updated to a incompatible driver, reinstalling it from the Manufacturer would solve the problem unless the hardware failed.

·
Global Moderator
44,227 Posts
In sounds like the reader hardware has failed.
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals or Advanced and see if there is a heading for Card Reader and see if it is Disabled, select it and Enable it.
Other then that, you can get a USB Card Reader Amazon.co.uk : usb card reader

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In sounds like the reader hardware has failed.
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals or Advanced and see if there is a heading for Card Reader and see if it is Disabled, select it and Enable it.
Other then that, you can get a USB Card Reader Amazon.co.uk : usb card reader
Nice advice. I didn't think of that way, but bad luck..there is no option for that in the BIOS. I've attached the picture of the BIOS in case I missed something. I already bought a USB card reader which i am using when needed. My OCD is not allowing me to rest. my webcam wasn't working either. so I sourced a webcam now, but for the Realtek PCIE card reader can not be sourced and also i don't know how to replace it. so guys, you think it is hardware failure!!! if it is so, computer device manager should pick it up, isn't it?

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
44,227 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,755 Posts
...guys, you think it is hardware failure!!! if it is so, computer device manager should pick it up, isn't it?
Not necessarily. Device Manager does not pick up on all kinds of hardware failure. Just because Device Manager says the device is "working properly" doesn't mean it is. You can disable it in Device Manager and rest easy knowing it's not working.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Enable the Hidden Administrator Account, option #2; log out as you and login as the previously Hidden Admin. Or create a Linux USB Flash drive and boot off of that and "Try Linux" do not install it, where you are running the OS from the Flash drive. If the camera doesn't work in the Admin account or Linux, then it has failed. Get a USB Camera and or SD Card reader

Enabled it and Camera doesn't work here as well as memory card reader. Nothing changed.

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
44,227 Posts
So, the camera works now?
If you have a replacement drive and are good at soldering, you can try that, but it would be much easier if you got a USB Card Reader

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, the camera works now?
If you have a replacement drive and are good at soldering, you can try that, but it would be much easier if you got a USB Card Reader

No, camera doesn't work. I have managed the replacement part (Camera). So just need to open up the laptop to put the new part. same time I can open the MOBO to change the memorycard..but I dont know where to buy memorycard reader from and how to replace it as it is shouldered with MOBO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts