Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have my computer recognize a hard drive with an unknow operating system on it? (I want to install it as an extra drive. I just want to explore it.) I have an IDE primary HD installed. The HD I'm trying to explore is an scsi type. I have an scsi adapter card installed that windows sees. The drivers are installed correctly. How do I get the computer to boot to my primary HD an not the scsi? The bios is set to boot to "ID00". ....How should I set the bios to ensure I boot to my original HD? I have an AmiBIOS WITH A 1400amd Athlon. Windows SE. HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well if you just want to explore the drive to see whats on it, then disconnect your current drive, and run the new drive as master. Please do not double post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My current hard drive is an IDE. If I connect the SCSI HD to the adapter card, the puter boots up to a blank screen with a flashing cursor at the top. By the way, This HD is from an Odyssey Slot machine. (so is the adapter card). I need to transfer info from this HD to my computer. (It can be done, I just don't have the connections to make it happen.) How can I explore this HD using my current HD (windows explorer).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.