Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is a very very common problem in i think all Mozilla browsers (netscape, firefox). When i click certain links, not all, i get the following messege...

A script on this page is causing mozilla to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.
Do you want to abort the script?​

So i click "no" and i get through just fine but it makes my computer become unresponsive for about 10-15 secs which is quite aggrivating. I have searched all over the net, many many ppl have same problem but no one has come up with a solution...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That's a problem with one of your extensions, not the site. When your extension doesn't execute properly, then it shows you that error. The obvious solution is to remove the offending extension.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats odd because that doesnt happen when i use Firefox, but it does happen when i use Netscape and i have no extensions installed onto netscape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
2. Scroll down and find the entry that says dom.max_script_run_time
3. Double-click on that entry and change the value (the default is 5) to something higher. Most sites recommend 20, but I found that I still received the pop-up warning too often. So I changed it to 1000!
4. Click OK.
5. Restart Firefox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.