Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HP 8655c pc w/ a pentium 3 600, 192 mb ram, and am using the win 98 OS. Many times while i'm using my computer, the screen will suddenly go into this widescreen format, and the window will scroll constantly from top to bottom so that i can't see whats displayed on the screen and am forced to reset the computer. My video card came with the system so has no name brand. It's soldered to the motherboard and all I know about it is that it uses 11mb of shared memory. I'm thinking if anything its the video card. Any advice on what to do?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Hmmm... You should check in Device Manager, look in the line called Display Adapters. It should say the name of your video card. OR right click on your desktop, chose settings/advanced and see if there is anymore info on your card listed there. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a brand!

In display adapter it list it as being

Intel(R) 810e Chipset graphics driver DC133 FSB133 PV2.2

Intel huh, I don't see many graphics cards on the market by Intel. Its gotta be a low end card anyways so maybe buying a new card would solve my problems, though i've heard installing one isn't just like plugging in new RAM. Hmm, what do yo think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.