Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I accidentally powered down the computer while Windows was shutting down. Since then, there have been two problems that have come up.

(1) I was unable to log in to my normal user; at some point the log in would hang. This problem was easily circumvented by logging in to my wife's account and creating a new account.

(2) When the computer goes into screensaver mode, between 5 and 45 minutes later I will get a BSOD. The error is a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, and most people suggested clearing the virtual memory (done, didn't help) or identifying and reinstalling a corrupt driver. When attempting to install Windows Debugging tools to view the minidump files, I discovered a more serious problem, which is that trying to install anything also gives me a BSOD (or hangs the computer). This happens with any installation - including Windows updates (I've turned off Automatic Updates).

My questions are:

- Is there a minidump viewer which does not require installation to analyze my DMP files?
- Is it allowable to post DMP files on this forum for others to analyze (DMP is not listed as an acceptable file type for attachment)?
- Is identifying and reinstalling a corrupt driver the best way to fix this problem?

·
Registered
171 Posts
1) I don't know, but I can convert any application into a Thinstall, meaning it doesn't need to be installed. Just give me a download link and I'll do the rest.

2) I don't know either. Try uploading to Mediafire and posting a link (Although this might be banned too).

3) Yet again, I don't know, but it can't hurt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.