Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19044, Installed 20220106152702.000000-480
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (427 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, s/n M80-D4015000826
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Hello I have had a problem with my computer ever since I built it and started using it, so for over a year now. I haven't had the time to troubleshoot this because I built my PC for school. My computer screen would freeze and display colored (usually red) diagonal lines across my screen (typically from 2 - 15 seconds), screen would go black for a few seconds, then back to normal. Sometimes after the black screen, it wouldn't go back to normal and I would have to restart my PC, or sometimes it would give me a Windows BSOD screen (with different stop codes each time). I've run a Memtest before and had no issues.
Electronic instrument Rectangle Line Audio equipment Font
Vertebrate Rectangle Textile Organism Wood

This happens frequently when I have tons of tabs open on and I open up a video, or I'm opening a program that uses 3D (like photoshop, 3D Viewer or any program that has 3d visuals). Every time this problem occurs, 3D spikes up to 100% on task manager (as seen below).

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

However, this almost never happens if I'm playing a video game on full screen. If I open a game like Minecraft without fullscreen it will happen, but if I open Minecraft with fullscreen it won't. This is the case for pretty much every game. It would do the diagonal lines, freeze, blackscreen and then crash the game/make it not respond if the game isn't fullscreen. Game works perfectly fine on fullscreen and runs smoothly. I can play games like Apex Legends, Valorant, Sekiro: Die Twice, etc. on fullscreen with no problem and no crashes. I can go hours playing a video game on fullscreen and I wouldn't run into any problems.

This problem never occurs if I go on safe mode, I think it's because 3D is disabled when this happens? I just factory reset my PC today, and the problem still occurs. The picture below shows it doing the problem while setting up the PC after the reset.
Rectangle Azure Font Line Aqua

Please help, thank you.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts