Tech Support banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my older post, so I won't be going much into details here. So please read those first so you can grasp the core of the issue.

The new thing I did is check log events, and it appears that the event causes this log to happen:

As you can see, with every blackout my screen experiences, one 4107 ID event log appears. These "flickers" are becoming more and more often as you can see time delay between individual logs.

Here is copy of the log:

Log Name: System
Source: Display
Date: 5/14/2021 1:54:07 PM
Event ID: 4107
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Aurelius
Description:
A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Display" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">4107</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-05-14T11:54:07.3499834Z" />
<EventRecordID>10924</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Aurelius</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
</EventData>
</Event>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note: I posted a link to a video I recorded while it happens. I will post it again here:

As you can see, it's irritating and makes everything unplayable. I repeat, the issue is not connected to GPU overheating in any way, I cleaned it and changed thermal paste, and the CPU temp does not, or rarely goes past 70 C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same problem with a different monitor?
Yeah, I forgot to post it on the other post. And the answer is no. I can normally play games (I tested only World of Warships, the same one in the video I recorded). I tried playing it on DELL 1703FP 4:3 ratio and it worked fine, but it can't be the replacement for I have decency.
Could it be that the monitor is faulty? But if so, why it happens only in specific situations? I've checked the connectors and the cable itself, and I can't find any damage.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,232 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the problem only occurs on one monitor then I would tend to believe that monitor is the problem.
But is that so? It still feels fishy to me. I've studied for a pc technician in high school, but never came across the monitor specifications. Can it be that if the monitor is "too strong" for the rest of the components (resolution, refresh rate etc.), it bottlenecks other components in some way and decreases the quality? When I was playing on lower resolution and 4:3 ratio on the same graphics, I think I actually had more FPS than the original monitor. Like there is some flaw within the other component that prevents from playing on bigger and more expensive monitors? Like if I buy the new better one than the current one, the problem would be even worse? Or am I just talking nonsense?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,232 Posts
A "better" monitor can only be as good as what's coming out of the computer. IOW, if you were to hook a great monitor to a little weak piece of junk computer you're still only going to get little weak junk on the screen.

To test: First, get on another decent computer and run the same games to see if you see the same problem. If no, you know it's not the games. Now connect your "screen goes black" monitor to this computer and then run the same games. If it starts showing that same "game goes black" problem, the monitor is the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts