Tech Support banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk what happened, but everything on my pc screen is enlarged. idk what my recommended resolution is cause it doesn't say. (I swear it used to) I reset it to the closest it would let me to what it used to be. That's not it. Please help

·
Premium Member
41,823 Posts
Right click a Blank space on the desktop and choose Display Settings scroll down to Scale and Layout and set it 100%. Also, play with Display Resolution find out what works best for you.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,707 Posts
When you get to the resolutions display it tells you. Probably 1920X1080.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,707 Posts
Just try 1920X1080.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advice, but you should know what you're talking about before you give out advice. I set my resolution to 1920x 1080 as you suggested, and as soon as i did my screen went blank and this box stating input not usable started dancing around on my screen. I couldn't do anything, bring my task manager up, nothing. so I restarted my computer and every time my windows was gonna boot that input sign would pop up and I'd be done. It took me over a day and a windows reboot to get me back online. now i'm gonna buy a new monitor

·
Premium Member
41,823 Posts
1920 X 1080 is a resolution that is not supported by your monitor. You never told us what the Make and Model# of your monitor is, so we, or rather you, could have done a quick Google search to find out what the maximum resolution is. We wrongly assumed you had a relatively modern monitor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, i have an old monitor. my question is why has everything on my screen become enlarged. i don't think it has to do with my monitor, i never mess with that. i think its an update issue or something, but it's really kind of annoying

·
Premium Member
41,823 Posts
Your last message was you were buying a newer monitor?
You never told us what the Make and Model# of your monitor is, so we, or rather you, could have done a quick Google search to find out what the maximum resolution is. We wrongly assumed you had a relatively modern monitor.
If you want us to help you with this monitor, and you don't know the default resolution, then either tell us the Make and Model# or look it up yourself in Google with the words Maximum Default Resolution. Then set your resolution to that. And check that scaling is not higher then 100%

·
Registered
1 Posts
idk what happened, but everything on my pc screen is enlarged. idk what my recommended resolution is cause it doesn't say. (I swear it used to) I reset it to the closest it would let me to what it used to be. That's not it. Please help
Try pressing F11.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts