Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I Built A Computer From Scratch, New Parts And Everything... I Have A Gigabyte GA-K8U And An AMD 64-Bit 3000+, it was a package deal... a Corsair 512 400Mhz RAM Stick and it won't work... i've tested the RAM, Graphics Card And it won't work. they power will come on, so i know it's not a short, but the fans go, the HDD boots, but the HDD light stays yellow from bootup and doesn't stop. There is no Moniter Activity... nothing, on BIOS, bupkiss, can anyone help me?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes And Yes... It's A 400 Watt Power Supply And All The Cords Are Connected fully to the motherboard... When it boots, not even the keyboard lights come on or the optical mouse laser... could Bad RAM do something like this, because i have tested it and it seems ok...

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well It came with the Case, but the fans and CD-rom and HDD all go on and everything so would that really be the problem?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm Just going to bring back the power and RAM and exchange them, and maybe the motherboard... IDK, i think i just got faulty parts, any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
a quality supply costs $80+,so ask yourself the quality when you deduct the cost of the case

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But Would That Be The Problem?I've Tried Another Power Supply That's Works Also And I Still Get The Problem...

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
does that include the 30%
reset the cmos and if still no post
try it out of the case with
cpu
video
ram
and see if it posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've tryied in a different case, that is not including the 30%, but still.... and i've checked the RAM, which i suspect is faulty or the motherboard... I'm oing to exchange them tomorrow for new ones....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.