Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on my computer the other day and wanted to back up my stuff into my scorpio 2.5" drive so that I could reformat. For about a month it had been working no problem. When I get on my computer yesterday, I connect it and it's recognized but it doesn't show up in my computer and I can't find a way to access it. I had some pretty important writing and music I've recorded on there and would be kinda bummed if it just disappeared. I would greatly appreciate anyone's help with this issue.

Vista 64-bit
Rosewill enclosure with 2.5" Scorpio drive

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,889 Posts
External drives in general, and the 2.5" drives in particular are prone to heat related failure. Test the drive on another PC. If it's out of warranty, you could also open it up and try directly connecting the drive. It's possible the enclosure itself has failed and not the HDD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH NO! I connected it to my friend's laptop (like an actual drive) and it's giving me the PXE error! :( Wellp, that was all of my stuff for the past like 4 years. LIFE! thanks for the help, though, Dogg.

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
PXE is not an error, you can't boot from a data drive, if you put it in the laptop, there is no OS on the drive . The PXE basically says, I couldn't find an OS, so I tried to boot from a share point on the network. Game isn't over yet - if this is a sata disk, connect it internally in a desktop and see what disk management says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.