Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a question about my school network. I am in high school right now and my account name for my school was disabled because I had some games on my P drive so when I try to log on it says it can't log on because it was disabled. So when im at school I quickly un plug my internet cord from the back and log on to the network then I plug it back in and I can get internet( I only have done it today), but I cannot connect to the schools public drive or anything. So this leads me to my question. I did it 3rd block, thats how I was able to log on and it worked fine, but then 4th block I did it and after about 10 minutes of using it the whole network crashed I guess everyone that was using a computer wasn't able to do anything, all the computers were frozen. But mine was fine. I am just wondering if what I did would make a network crash like it did at my school.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Why wouldn't it? You are fooling around with an electrical device when you aren't suppose to. You already got your account disabled. Focus on your school work and quit screwing around before you get into more trouble. :4-thatsba

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I know I shouldn't of done it but I didn't think it would screw the network up and I had done it the period before... I was kinda trying to do my work because I have a programing class and needed to get on the computer but I won't do what I did again if thats why everything crashed.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
it sounds to me like when you reconnected the lan cable, it stole the modem from the router, and you were the only machine receiving a signal from the modem, where normally, you would receive a signal THROUGH the router.

because of this, your machine took the only available ip slot, and the router lost access.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Sometimes it doesn't take much. I had a teacher who brought down the school network a few times with his laptop because he forgot to turn off the DHCP server he had running on it. When he signed onto the domain, he was issuing out IP addresses to all the school computers.

In any case, stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea that could be but i had some people next to me they would eventually be able to get back on there computer and used the internet and then it might freeze again... but the people couldnt access the public drives or anything... also why would have it done it like 10 minutes after I did it and why didn't it do it the period before
Well if I needed to use th computers there again to type stuff up, do you think the network would screw up again if I just unpluged the internet and logged on and didnt plug it back in?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i think that if the staff is letting you use the computer, then they should be able to work out your problems.

on the other hand, if you unplugged the cable, and then logged in, and did your work, and logged out, and plugged the cable back in, then that should be fine. (as long as the school staff allows you)

however, i still wonder why the school doesn't just fix it for you.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Well, whatever is happening here, you are clearly trying to circumvent legal restrictions placed by your school. I suggest you deal with the school's IT support and sort out your problems. We do not help in hacking into systems. I'm closing this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.