Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yikes,
I decided to try scandisk on my computer just to see how it works for future reference on how it would work in case I really needed it. To my frusration, I can't get the operation to stop. Everytime I recyle my computer, Scandisk starts. Anyone know how to fix this problem? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replyto scandisk

yes the computer is being shut down correctly.The computer is working fine without any other problems

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
replyto scandisk

Thanks your solution;Click Start | Run | type: CHKNTFS /D and press Enter key.It :sayyes: Worked!!!!!!!!! What does this string actually mean? I was going to change the registry, but this solution seems a lot less riskier.

·
Registered
45 Posts
nick danger said:
Thanks your solution;Click Start | Run | type: CHKNTFS /D and press Enter key.It :sayyes: Worked!!!!!!!!! What does this string actually mean? I was going to change the registry, but this solution seems a lot less riskier.
Heres description of switches.

Chkdsk /X: A new command parameter that runs Chkdsk /F and forces a volume dismount to close open file handles on non-system volumes so it can be checked immediately. This eliminates the need of a potential reboot in order to perform the Chkdsk and repair the volume.

Chkntfs volume: Displays the file system type, the status of the file system dirty bit, and whether or not Chkdsk is manually scheduled to run against the volume at boot time.

Chkntfs /C: Schedules a volume to be checked at boot time (which it would do anyway if chkntfs /x had not been run against the volume previously). Chkdsk run only if the volume is found to be dirty.

Chkntfs /D: Restores the computer to default behavior and removes registry settings invoked by Chkdsk /F or Chkntfs /X. This means all drives are checked at boot time and Chkdsk is run against those found to be dirty.

Chkntfs /T:time: Changes the Autochk time-out value to the specified amount of time in seconds. If the time is not specified, displays the current settings. For additional information about this feature, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.