Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have Win98 and I use Enternet 300 and an efficient networks speedstream modem for my dsl.
Strangely, my dsl hangs every 5 minutes or so. When I say hangs, I mean I try to go to a webpage, and while it is loading, the icon in the IE box is spinning and it looks like it is loading, but it is frozen and it takes about 30 seconds to unfreeze all by itself. Once it unfreezes it goes very fast, and I have no Idea what is happening!
Please Help!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
CuZurMaMaSeDs0 said:
Hi.
I have Win98 and I use Enternet 300 and an efficient networks speedstream modem for my dsl.
Strangely, my dsl hangs every 5 minutes or so. When I say hangs, I mean I try to go to a webpage, and while it is loading, the icon in the IE box is spinning and it looks like it is loading, but it is frozen and it takes about 30 seconds to unfreeze all by itself. Once it unfreezes it goes very fast, and I have no Idea what is happening!
Please Help!!! :confused:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Security Team
10,822 Posts
Download WinsockFix and unzip it. Then double-click on it to run it.

If that does not help....

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.