Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there just needed some help with an error that i am getting when installing a game for my son. i am getting an sb6.exe file error and it comes up when you try and start the game when you load it. i have the system requirements in spade i just cant figure out what the exe file error is. just says that the file and program is non responsive. the requirement of the game is a pentuim 3 min of 1 ghz or 256 mb ram 700 mb hd space diretx 9.0 compatible vid card with 64 mb ram 16 bit sound card and i have a amd 64 3200+ processor 960 ram and everything else is onboard.if you could help that would be awesome

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
this is all i could find on it the link goes to a polish forum which is not of much use
1. Unzip and unrar with WinRAR 3.x into a directory of your choice. 2. Extract game files with 'setup.bat'. 3. Play the game with 'SB6.exe'
i will move you to games they may have the answer

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
What game are you trying to run? If the game requires a 64MB video card, you onboard GPU most probably won't handle it. Onboard GPU's rarely work with games.

Please follow each step under "Common Game Issues" in my signature, and post back with results. If you're still having the problem, make sure you post your full specs for us (see "Posting System Specs" in my signature).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the game that i installed that wont run is spongebob nighty nightmare. so far i havent ever had an issue with what i have installed before i just did the new harry potter and the goblet of fire seems to run fun thanx for the help

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Minimum System Requirements are the *very* minimum specs that your computer needs to run the software. If you try to use the program when your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, you will experience a wide array of unpredictable results.

Operating System: Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP
DirectX®: 9.0
Processor: Pentium® 3 1 GHz or 100% compatible processor
RAM: 256 MB
Hard Drive Space: 700 MB Free
Drives: 8x CD-ROM 4X
Sound Card: 16 bit Sound Blaster compatible sound card
Cards: 64 MB Video Card with DirectX 9.0 compliant video drivers
That is what the ValuSoft website says. If you have onboard video and sound, they probably don't meet the minimum specs. However, as I said above, run through the steps in the Common Game Issues thread, and see how you go. Post back with results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.