Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a strange problem involving my SB digital 4.1 PCI and Cakewalk home studio 2002/2004. When I start up the program I get the error "your sound card does not support stereo, default recording has been set to mono" :confused: A 4.1 card not supporting stereo? weird. So anyway, i try to record and basically it wont let me record any audio at all, just midi (the record arm button does nothing when clicked). The sound card works in the older cakewalk pro audio 9 without any problems and also records IN STEREO in other recording programs such as nero wave editor and sound recorder. Any ideas? I have tried adjusting PCI latency timings in bios, Changing PCI Slots, Disabling and enabling onboard C-Media sound, using both quadrophonic and stereo speakers, using updated drivers and contacting creative but to no avail. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This definately sounds like a driver problem maybe the soundcards or maybe cakewalks dlls, try reinstalling the drivers, and if that doesnt work do same for cakewalk. it might sound like a newbe approach but it should work, as there is not much else that could cause it, is this a legit cakewalk or warez. if its warez thats the problem, the cracker ****ed it up. if its legit email techsupport at cakewalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cakewalk prog is legit, ive used warez in ther past and the progs never seem to work properly so I dont see the point in warez, i've emailed technical support and im waiting for a reply thanks for your response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
warez can be good u just need to find a good group or website, which test them and dont rush the cracking. they should be able to help as its probably an incopatibality between their prog and your hadware/drivers so they have probably had complaints similar to yours before

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.