Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to save pictures from web sites as JPEG istead of BMP? I mean i right click then select save as, but my only chocies are .ART and .BMP.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yes, it certainly is possible. I think it's kind of strange that you only get those two choices. Most images on the web are .gif or .jpg anyway. All you, should, have to do is right click and save as.

Take a look at the source of the webpage (view source) and see if the image is actually a .jpg file already. If it's not, I don't know how you can convert it.

You could also right click on the image and select properties to view the link back to it.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Empty your browsers cache, that may fix it. Don't ask me why that's an issue, but it fixed the exact same problem for me! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
There's a couple of ways. click on START / settings/ "control panel", then choose internet options and choose "delete files" somewhere in the middle. Check delete offline content too, delete your history and cookies while you are at it.

You can also do it when in your browser, menu at top TOOLS/Internet options, same thing.

Oh, and you should delete your cache files regularily if you haven't. No sense saving the internet on your hard drive.

S

·
0 Posts
If you delete your cookies you will need to enter your username and password to all the sites you have signed up to when you visit them again. Just thought I'd throw that in there.............:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i deleted the temp files. Now i'm only able to save pics from the web as .bmp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.