Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the information, though it was not the answer I wanted, it lets me know what I now need to find out. I have a SONY VAIO 2GB Intel Processor Model No. VGN NS 110E with Windows Vista Operating System.

I received a message to run a disk scan, received a message there was a problem and recommendation to run a disk repair. Windows was unable to run a disk repair and recommended calling Sony Support.

I got much mis-information regarding the program from several calls and had a recent difficulty regarding my security system that did not resolve the problem after a long call and them removing a security system via online.

I ran the option, not informed to me from the Sony techs to rescue data. I ran this program several times and it keeps stopping on the same file, not at the exact same point. I had been erringly told from a Sony Tech that the program sitting on the same file for over an hour was normal and that it could take all day to rescue a mere 12GB of data.

The goal is to rescue/save to external drive the data that the c disk recovery program on the computer will cancel out when I do the c disk recovery which will put my c disk to the point of factory installation. The program states that other partitions will not be affected and my memory from years ago personal and main frame computer experience tells me that my documents and other files will not be touched and the partitions operate like a buffer protecting both the start up of the operating system and the computer from problems with those files and those files from problems with the c disk or operating system. I need this verified or not.

I want to know how to save the 12GB of files that the program says exists and can be transferred to an external drive during a data recovery when the program keeps stopping on a certain file that may be the file causing the problem and preventing the computer from starting. I do not need all these file – there are some I had not saved to my external drive yet and would like to save some of the ones in the other partitions if possible in case the verification I am seeking above is a no.

Sony requires this program to be run before accepting it in for repairs if the c disk recovery program does not solve the problem.

Another possibility is - is there a way to restart the computer at a date prior to the problem with the c disk, after the work I did that may be included in that partition or before the security system was changed, though not as far as to factory installation, which seems rather drastic.

AT THIS POINT, THE COMPUTER WILL NOT START AND I DO NOT HAVE A MANUAL WHICH EXPLAINS VERY SIMPLE PROCEEDURES THAT USE THE FUNCTION KEYS TO GET INTO THE COMPUTER EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT STARTING – SONY DOES NOT PROVIDE THEM, WHICH MAKES THE CONSUMER RELIANT ON THEIR SUPPORT TECHNICIANS WHO ARE, AS IS NOT ALWAYS THAT UNTYPICAL, NOT THAT SUCH IS NOT ALWAYS AN EASY TASK, OF EITHER COMMUNICATING EFFICIENTLY AT THE CONSUMER'S KNOWLEDGE LEVEL, ACCURATE REGARDING THE SPECIFIC MODEL OF THE COMPUTER OR SIMPLY COMPETENT AT ALL.
IT HAS BEEN YEARS SINCE I HAVE TAKEN A COMPUTER CLASS AND I AM LEARNING THAT THE ISSUES WE WERE TAUGHT TO CONSIDER OF WAYS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN DOCUMENTATION AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION FROM THE TECHNICAL SOURCE TO THE CONSUMER HAVE NOT BEEN RESOLVED IN ALL CASES. THIS TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION SOURCE ON MY VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM IS NOT VERY GOOD, WHICH MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT AS A CONSUMER TO LEARN RATHER SIMPLE THINGS TO HANDLE SUCH SITUATIONS.

AND I KNOW FROM PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE THAT THE OLD DESIGN OF THESE PROGRAMS ARE THE BETTER AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CHANGED AND ARE NOT VERY DIFFICULT TO INCLUDE IN A PROGRAM.

THANK YOU

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.