Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I think many has this problem as I found it in other forums without clear response. Sometimes my Internet Explorer 9 does not like Adobe Reader 9. So I open a document pdf which has no security issue, and I just click on the save a copy icon. The icon responds with a virtual click. And that's it. Does not appear the radiobox where I can chose where and how to save. Nothing happens. And I can't find the downloaded pdf in any temporary folders either (I can index system folders and do a search there). So I have to go to another computer where I do the same in Firefox and it works, I can save the pdf file. But this is not OK that I have to use someone else's computer. I just wonder why these intelligent guys who create IE and AR can not make something that works? And since years this problem has been existing. Any idea how to patch it? Cheers and happy new year !

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
In IE9, enable the classic menu-bar which is disabled by default.

Now when you open a PDF in IE9 via the Adobe Reader plugin, just click File >> Save as. It will save it as a PDF file with a default filename.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,009 Posts
Try Updating to Adobe Reader 10.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanx, I will do that. I did not know about Acrobat Reader 10, because the last automatic update was to 9.2. This problem comes and goes, sometimes happens and I do not know where to look for the temporary pdf file which is in front of me in the screen but the save as button just does not bring up the dialogue box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.