Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,
i have toshiba satellite pro 4600 700mhz cpu 128ram winxp install.
yesterday when switch it ON, it loaded the window fine i could see the desktop icon also the start up software loading on the task bar near the clock but then suddenly it went black, after 10 sec it start loading the desktop again as it loading the start up software it will go black and few sec later start loading again it keep repeating the cycle for around 10-12 times b4 stop at black screen. i can see n move the mouse cursor but nothing else.
now i can bring out the task manager by pressing ctl+alt+del then when i write explorer.exe on the new task it come back to loading window desktop but then goes back to black.if i type firefox.exe on the new task firefox will load and i can use the net same way i can use vlc player aswell
but no desk top shows nor the task bar. i hooked the laptop to my plasma tv same problem i can watch movie for hour no problem but desktop wont boot all the way
i did window restore to an earlier date,still same problem. same problem exist on the safe mode aswell..
every time i write explorer.exe on new task 'my document' will open and it try to load desktop but in midway it close 'my document' and goes black.
i dont have anti virus on my laptop could it be a virus?

plz help
sorry for long essay

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.