Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.... now where to start - bought an Hitachi Deskstar 7k250 SATA drive - only wanted it as a storage drive - mounted it, wired it in, all ok but under 'My Computer' does not show!! Drive does show in Device Mger under 'Disk Drives' and in the Bios (but not under SATA) and using VIA RAID Tool but not as a Local Drive!!! Have got two IDE drives installed.

Searched high 'n' low for the reason but found nothing!

My system setup is as follows:

Asrock K7VT4APro M/Board
Win XP Home SP2

Any help would be BIG time appreciated!!!

Cheers

G

· Registered
25,231 Posts
LOL heheheh

Did you guys ever think you would see the day a hard drive could be missing 72 gigs and the user not care !!!!

I can remeber not long ago a P-133mhz with a 750 mb drive was a monster system !!!! WOW

and original poster ? I am not making fun of you I am just marveling at how much components and systems have changed !!! wheeeew !!!

here is the link to why you have the 137 gig limit and how to fix
http://www.shuttle.com/share/fae/hq...ow to install HDD that greater than 137GB.htm

glad to hear you have your drive running

cheers

joe

· Registered
25,266 Posts
Hi linderman,

Two quick things.

First of all, great link, I had not come across that one.

Second, you are telling your age, because many of us were not born yet when quoting you, "I can remember not long ago a P-133mhz with a 750 mb drive was a monster system !!!! WOW"......gulp, cough, choking, cough,......aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!....well, maybe some on here weren't!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.