Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

Computer Specs:
P4M800PRO-M2 REV 2.0 (white letters written on my mother board)
500 GB HD (works fine with mother board)
160 GB HD (works fine with mother board) (contains the operating system)
SY-SA3114-4R (white letters written on my sata pci card)
If you need information on the other things in my computer, let me know.

If I don't have anything hooked up to the sata pci card my computer starts up just fine. It detects the ram, hard drives, cd drives, and then detects the sata pci card. It prompts to start a raid system. There are no hard drives hooked up and so it skips the raid system. It then starts windows normally. Everything works fine.

If I hook up a drive to the sata pci card (any drive). My computer detects, the ram, hard drives (mother board hard drives), and cd drives, and then detects the sata pci card. It prompts to start a raid system. I don't want to raid anything, I just want it to start windows (which is currently hooked up to the mother board). It skips the raid system and then detects the drives hooked up to the sata pci card. After this the system runs extremely slow. It takes it about 30 seconds to detect the operating system. It then takes it like 30 minutes to start the operating system. I haven't actually successfully started the operating system, the longest I could stand to wait was 30 minutes. The computer just sits at the windows black screen with the blue bar running from left to right. It isn't frozen, it is just sitting there with the blue bar moving. I know it shouldn't be taking this long.

It seems something is wrong with the sata pci card. I don't know what. The card itself doesn't seem to cause the computer to slow. Just when it has a hard drive hooked up.

Anyway help or incites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Bobby Ocean.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.