Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys by beloved pos S8 finally gave out, so I had no choice but to get a S20+, ( either that or something worse) Now like a dumbA** I used smart switch, so I got 90% of my stuff back and got to make brand new passwords for everything AND a new Facebook acct, that was the tip of the iceberg,all that is fixed with the exception of logging into AARP, now........this all started about a month ago, every day i have to restart the phone because instead of signal I have no service I couldn't even cal l911 when I coworker had a heart attack ( phone almost got thrown against the wall at that point) so i went on XDA and asked how to root it because of the problem, I was told I do not need to root it, just do a factory reset and let google and Samsung restore all my stuff.........4 days and so far so good.
I'm o phone expert by far, I simply root them and replace the operating systems with Lineage OS ( used to be Cynogen till update 11 for me), but I hope this helps somebody

·
Windows Tech Team
1,090 Posts
How are the folks at LineageOS about keeping up with security patches? And, if good, for how long?

I have toyed with rooting and installing LineageOS on a device I have that will soon go out of support for OTA updates from the manufacturer. I played with Cyanogenmod way back when, but not enough to have depth of knowledge, and who knows how things may have changed since they changed names.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I', not sure, but they are and even if they done you can always use a vpn ( I recommend NORD)and an app called intercept X that is a security app that works on rooted or non rooted phones of any kind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts