Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I connect the tablet to my Windows 10 pc, it shows connected and I can access the device via This PC. As I've done before, I wanted to synch a playlist from Windows Media Player. When I choose Sync. 'Connect a device' displays.
Looking at Settings within the tablet, the SD card (where previous music is stored) shows as 29.+ - gig with 24 gig available.. But, the Unmount and Mount SD card options are grayed out.

Previously, I've had trouble syncing, not because the tablet didn't appear as a connected device - but the playlist wouldn't show up after synching. I'd then Unmount and Mount the SD card and then the playlist and music files were there. I'm assuming since the SD card isn't fully recognized is why it doesn't show as a connected device?

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Yea probably. I recall trying to add an app a while back. I couldn't because I think the operating system was out of date.

Just checked - Auto Update was checked, last update was 12/26/21. Tried a manual update, said the latest software is installed, Maybe I'm out of luck. Not a huge deal, usually just use it to stream Pandora. Occasionally would play music via the Samsung Music app.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today the Unmount and Mount options existed. I used them, but the device still isn't recognized by Windows Media Player, I can access both the standard and SD card memory and see files when connected via USB to the PC.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I saw a note on the tablet when attempting to synch to the pc - said to install Kies. I tried but got an error message. On the corresponding website the pc requirements referred to operating systems before Windows 10. I wonder if the tablet is just no longer compatible?
Product Human body Rectangle Font Slope

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm out of luck. Posted on the Samsung support site. Their response:

"Mr. Steve

As we apologize as we review your query, Unfortunately we inform you that you device does not support the sync for windows 10 .

kindly if you have another query don't hesitate contact us ."

The workaround I'm doing, while not ideal is synching playlists to a USB drive. I then go into the Music folder of that drive and transfer them to the tablet's SD card in a folder. I create a playlist from the files in that folder. Not ideal for genres that i prefer to have a particular playlist order, I could manually create a playlist on the tablet. Time consuming, but at least I'd still be able to use it.

Same thing with my external Seagate drive, it wasn't being recognized by Windows 10. At least there was a workaround for that by enabling a feature called SMB I believe. That has security concerns, but I rarely turn the external drive on.

I hate the way new operating systems make apps and devices obsolete. Windows Vista and 7 were fine for me.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder why I can no longer see other's replies? Anyway - for the heck of it I connected the same tablet to my laptop. I don't recall if it did this last time, but got a notification 'Setting up Samsung Tab.. etc.'. Launched Windows Media Player, and it showed connected as a device. I was able to sync a playlist to it? The only snag was after saying 100% it never said Sync completed. I clicked Stop Sync, then it did - disconnected the tablet and the playlist was there. What the heck? And a reply from Samsung support in January said sync wasn't supported with Windows 10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.