Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

I have bought a PC from ebay, it is pretty new and I plan to upgrade it within the next few months.

The DVD-RW that came with the machine also had a built in card reader, I decided to start installing my software onto the machine however it then started to make some heavy beeping noises and halted, I then purchased a new DVD-RW from a PC shop and the same is happening. The new DVD-RW is Samsung without a card reader.

I have installed the latest drivers, and the same problem is happening, I am totally confused as to what this could be a fault with, the beeps continue until I either take out the CD or Reboot the machine. I have also fitted a new Sound Card however I know this is not part of the problem.

I look forward to anyones advice.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Hi shadowwebs,

When you say halted, did you mean it shut down? Download SpeedFan from my sig and post all the temps and voltages it shows. Also please, download Everest and post your system specs. If you find it easier, just make a report and attach it to the response.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry when i say halted i meant that it just stops what its doing, no errors come up but the beeping just begins.

it is occuring on two different brands/models of dvd rw which is why its really confusing me.

the only way to stop the beeping is to either eject the disc from the drive or to reboot the machine, however this is a continous thing and when installing software or running software from disc the beeping starts again within a couple of minutes.

i dont currently have internet at home until 6th January so will download the tools you advised after then, if you have got any other advice though please let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.