Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I share a computer with my sister-in-law. Recently, she experienced a problem with the scanner function, but not the printer. I had used it under my user profile the previous day with no problem. Their are 3 user profiles on this computer and 2 of them will not pull up the Dell All in One Center without this error message: Runtime Error! C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtaiox.exe. She is a tech support person and did uninstall and reinstall and even removed from the registry ,but it still would not fix the problem. Dell's solution was to reinstall the operating system which I was strongly against. I reinstalled the AIO printer on my user profile and it is working fine for me, but on her and her daughter's profile there is a red x on the quick launch icon. The printer will print fine on their profiles but will not allow you to access the scanning function.Also, the scanning button on the printer itself will not respond on their profiles. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
runtime error

izzey22 said:
I share a computer with my sister-in-law. Recently, she experienced a problem with the scanner function, but not the printer. I had used it under my user profile the previous day with no problem. Their are 3 user profiles on this computer and 2 of them will not pull up the Dell All in One Center without this error message: Runtime Error! C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtaiox.exe. She is a tech support person and did uninstall and reinstall and even removed from the registry ,but it still would not fix the problem. Dell's solution was to reinstall the operating system which I was strongly against. I reinstalled the AIO printer on my user profile and it is working fine for me, but on her and her daughter's profile there is a red x on the quick launch icon. The printer will print fine on their profiles but will not allow you to access the scanning function.Also, the scanning button on the printer itself will not respond on their profiles. Any suggestions?

with regards to this problem.. it is clearly an operating system issue. you mentioned that the printer works ok in one profile. it means that the printer can be recognized by your computer and printer responds to commands from the computer. i really do suggest you to reinstall the operating system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cuteAngel0814 said:
with regards to this problem.. it is clearly an operating system issue. you mentioned that the printer works ok in one profile. it means that the printer can be recognized by your computer and printer responds to commands from the computer. i really do suggest you to reinstall the operating system.
It turns out that it must have been a user issue. Instead of reinstalling the entire operating system, I used the system restore feature of Windows XP and took it back to a time that was before the new printer was installed. That seemed to fix the problem and did not cause me to have to reinstall everything or lose any valuable stored information. Thanks for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.