Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greeting,

I'm trying to run an application, named Da51, STK, and POS, which are written in MS-DOS based since 20 years ago.

Now here's the thing, I tried to right-click on the .exe file.
- A box (which suppose to be ms-dos box) pop-up and immediately disappeared.

I execute command.com, I went to that folder, and manually type in the command myself.
- 1st attempt, nothing happen
- 2nd attempt, an error message pop up.

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\Windows\system32\command.com
The NTVDM CPU has encoutered an illegal instruction.
CS:0000 IP:0077 OP:f0 37 05 0e 02 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

p/s: Please take note that, all these applications are RUNNING WELL in Windows 98.

I research online, went to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314106 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314495. But both doesn't really solve my problem.

I manage to run command.com. However, I'm confused with this part.

Check program-specific issues
The following functions do not work in Windows XP:
• All MS-DOS functions except task-switching API (application programming interface) functions are supported.
• Block mode device drivers are not supported. Block devices are not supported, so MS-DOS I/O control (IOCTL) APIs that deal with block devices and SETDPB functions are not supported.
• Interrupt 10 function 1A returns 0; all other functions are passed to read-only memory (ROM).
• Interrupt 13 calls that deal with prohibited disk access are not supported.
• Interrupt 18 (ROM BASIC) generates a message that says that ROM BASIC is not supported.
• Interrupt 19 does not restart the computer, but cleanly closes the current virtual DOS machine (VDM).
• Interrupt 2F, which deals with the DOSKEY program callouts (AX = 4800), is not supported.
• Microsoft CD-ROM Extensions (MSCDEX) functions 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, E, and F are not supported.
• The 16-bit Windows subsystem on an x86 computer supports enhanced mode programs; it does not, however, support 16-bit virtual device drivers (VxDs). The subsystem on a non-x86 computer emulates the Intel 40486 instruction set, which lets the computer run Enhanced-mode programs, such as Microsoft Visual Basic, on reduced instruction set computers (RISC).

I have no clue how to check whether the programs applied to the conditions above. So, if it applies to any of them, does that mean I can totally forget about my applications for business? Or go back to Windows 98?

2nd application, I tried to run it. Again, in windows explorer, it shows up something and immediately shut down. I went into command prompt, I type it manually, and this is what I had.

run-time error R6003
- integer divided by 0

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks and Regards,
Aik Wei

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.