1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a custom build...

Specs:
HD - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
Video Card - EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
PSU - SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX840WFGMBOX

I have tested both sticks of RAM separately and they both work in and of themselves. Despite being a new motherboard I also checked to make sure I had the most recent BIOS version downloaded and I do. I read through the manual of the MOBO and cannot find anything useful. I am not the best with navigating and changing the timings and voltage for the RAM so if anyone had specific directions on what I need to adjust to get all 4gigs up and running it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Brand & Model of the Mobo? What OS?
What precisely is the problem?
Will the PC not work with both sticks installed?
Does it not "see" all 4GB?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response and apologies for your time but it seems I have rectified the problem.

I was using both sticks of RAM in slots A1,B1, as they are color coded and placed in order. While waiting on your response I tested them in A1,A2 which are different colors and not in order yet the system powers up fine and recognizes all 4 gigs.

Once again sorry for the wasted forum thread but thanks on the quick response.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
No problem and glad you got it sorted out. That info would have been in the Mobo manual. :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.