Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hi, i'm a new user here... earlier this morning i had problems during startup. the pic above will give you an idea on what my problem is. everytime i start my pc, this prompt always show but there is a difference, the .dll files differ evry start up. i scanned my pc with ad-aware, spyware doctor, spybot search and destroy, microsoft antispyware and removed all the infected files that are detected by the following programs. however, i am still experiencing this annoying prompt every time i turn on my pc. another thing is, i'm bombarded with popups in my mozilla firefox browser, everytime i click (or most of the time) a link, it opens another window in another URL which is really not closely related with the link i just clicked. pls do help me.. i don't wanna reformat my pc, it's very tiring.. :((

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i also have this weird folder under c:\windows

bVlrZUwA

under this folder are the files:

4WjYPKmM4MfKBdT0lYHcO3fp => this is a vbscript file

asappsrv.dll 2.1.3.466 => this is a dll file

i didn't delete it, i'm not sure if wiull really lessen the problem or make it worse. pls help me though. the date of the folder being created is the same date as today October 26, 2005. :((

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and as for the errors, i will keep on posting the jpeg images everytime i restart my pc. please , i really need some help.... :sad:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

I think your system is still infected with something.

Scan your pc with 2 of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean.

Also it wouldnt hurt to post a HiJackThis log in the Security Forum. Please follow these instructions for posting a HJT log.

Download and install: HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

IMPORTANT!!!
Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

A Moderator/ Security Team Analyst will give you instructions.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ANALYST/MODERATOR TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

Always describe your problem and any programs you have used to try to resolve your issue. Your description can go a long way to solving/repairing your particular issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what you have described, this appears to be malware. As I'm no guru, best thing to do is to talk to someone from security and get your post shifted to the security section of this forum. The reason you probably aren't getting any replies is because the ppl viewing this forum are XP gurus and might have limited knowledge of Security (Trojans, Hijackers, Malware, etc.).

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
I think I can consider myself both a XP guru and a security guru :grin:

Please follow my instructions as posted, and start a new thread in the Security Forum

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tnx 4 d infos geekgirl.. i actually started a new thread under the SECURITY tab. and i really do appreciate ur help. :sayyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.