Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
The rundll32.exe file is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder. In other cases, rundll32.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I understand

So if RunDLL32.exe is in the c:\Windows\system32 file then it's fine, but if it is elsewhere it is a virus/worm/trojan/malevolent?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
To my knowledge yes :sayyes:

You may want to have an analyst take a look at a HiJackThis Log for you.
Here are the instructions if you decide to do that. Make sure you post the HJT log in the correct forum. (link provided below)

Download and install: HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

IMPORTANT!!!
Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.