Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get two pop ups coming up repeatedly, all the time.
One says rundll32.exe - application error and displays:
The applicaiton failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate the application.

I click ok and it pops up again. In addition to that another pop up comes up saying: Windows host process (rundll32.exe) has stopped working.
I don't know what's going on, here are some more things that happen:

-The vista style theme randomly changes to the classic style, without me doing anything.
-I can't run "sfc /scannow" as a run command, the cmd windows comes up for a second and then disappears.
-I'm running Toshiba Satellite laptop, 32-bit running system.
-Vista home premium.

Please help me, this problem is really annoying. I have many gigs of files on the computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ave you gotten an answer to this yet? I recently bought an ASUS laptop which have always been awesome and it's been nothing but problems. First one I had to send in for blue screen and got a new one this one worked fine untill my iPhone was plugged in blue screen twice everything worked but my phone crashed slowly things have been messing up couldn't connect to Internet word didn't work. Got that fixed then the same pop ups u had happened. I lived with them because I could still do what I needed to now my KERNEL32.dll. Isn't working so the only thing that works (extrememly slow) is like watching videos off a disk and work occasionaly I have ALL my school stuff on here that is due in a week! If u were helped please let me know what to do or who to talk to. It's a new computer there's no reason for this

·
Microsoft MVP
3,339 Posts
SFC /SCANNOW can't be run from the Run box, you have to open an Admin Command Prompt
Click Start, type cmd, right click cmd.exe when it appears in the list, then click Run as Administrator

·
Microsoft MVP
3,339 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.