Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm working on my dad's computer and trying to resolve an issue where he is required to reinstall Adobe Flash player every time he starts internet explorer if he wants to view any flash content (youtube videos, etc.)

What I've found is that if I right click on the internet explorer shortcut and click 'run as administrator', the problem goes away. The flash content works perfectly right off the bat without the reinstallation of Flash. However, that's kind of a hassle, and I'm wondering if there's a way to just get flash player to work like it's supposed to without doing that. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling already, and that didn't work.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,742 Posts
Your workaround is the usual solution on XP. Also, in the Control Panel, delete all old versions of Flash.

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts
Hello

Try this
  • Right click Here select save target as save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste these instructions into a work document as your going to have to close all open web browsers to continue
  • Close and open web browsers for example Internet Exokire,Firefox,Opera,Chrome etc
  • Go to your desktop and run uninstall_flash_player.exe follow all the prompts
  • Once complete click Start => Run => Copy in the following:
    %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\Macromed
  • Delete the folder Flash
  • Then type this into Run:
    %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • Delete everything in the folder. Then do the same steps for:
    %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  • Now go and install a new copy of flash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.