Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unable to write to my CDs or DVDs. I have RW disks that have been been formatted and used to drag drop data and photos but now when I try to drag drop more files I get the message "Cannot copy File Name: Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive." When I open Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition it states No Drive Detected and I cannot format or transfer files. When I close Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition I get the message:
The instruction at "0x00a91e4f" referenced memory ar "0x7ffdefa8". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program
After pressing OK I then get this message:
The instruction at "0x000006d0" referenced memory at "0x000006d0". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program
After pressing OK again the following message appears:
Runtime Error!
Program: ...ommon files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\Main\Mediahub.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call
I have checked and the file Mediahub.exe does not exist in that location.
For problems with software Dell refer you to Roxio but this version of Creator does not appear on the Roxio website.
Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Note: I can play audio CDs and DVDs OK and I can read data CDs and DVDs!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi TerryT,
I have exactly the same problem as you describe. However, I have found a solution for the Runtime Error problem, but it did not solve the "No Drive Detected" problem. Have you made any progress?
Lets work together,
sorenca

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Mon, it worked!!!
PS, you would think that Roxio would add this to their program "updates". Instead, they say there are no updates available!?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sorenca,
Sorry for delay, Christmas and all that, what is
your solution for the runtime Error? I followed the
solution from Mon and that solved the No Drive
Detected and I can now burn a CD/DVD but cannot
drag & drop files to it nor delete files - it says they
are read only files. If in Roxio Creator I go to
Data/Direct-to-Disc and press Enable nothing
happens. Every time I want to back up my files I
have to eraze the CD/DVD and rewrite to it
whereas normally I use Karan's Replicator to just
back-up changed files. Any ideas on enabling
DLA.
TerryT

·
Registered
142 Posts
hi try to right click on cd driev icon in my computer window and look for an option to enable dla

if there is no such option then click on properties after rt clicking and then look for dla tab at the top
click on that and seleect enable dla
apply and then ok

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mon,
There is no enable DLA either by right clicking on the CD drive or clicking on properties.

Sorenca,
OK, thanks I will try that though it is 30 Mb and I am on dial up so I will have to do it later.

Regards
TerryT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorenca,
I downloaded the file you suggested (nearly 3 hours) and I can now close Roxio Creator without getting the three error messages but I still cannot use DLA.
Regards
TerryT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorenca,
I wish it were so simple. There is no DLA tab in Properties on my E: drive. Neither can I Format a disc, there is no Format option anywhere.
Regards
TerryT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorenca,
Yes I am running XP. Device manager shows the CD/DVD-RW to working properly.
What I appear to be missing is the DLA. I am not sure if it is part of the burning software or the OS. Many commentators state it is unreliable and has incompatibility problems but I don't know how to back up files or store photos satisfactorily on CD/DVDs without it.
I store photos in a tree structure and want to drag and drop new photos to the appropriate place on the tree. I back up my files using Karans Replicator which only backs up files that have been changed and this also appears to need DLA.
If I try to add files using the burning software Roxio Data Disc (as opposed to Roxio Direct to Disc - which uses DLA) files are added but not where I want them on the tree and it is then not possible to rearrange them.
The only solution seems to be to use a memory key for initially storing photos and then burning them one time to a DVD-R and to use another memory key with Karens Replicator for backing up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.