Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had problems with two of my workstations and my domain. And controlling any of them remotely. I found evidence of a hack attempt in my router logs. I updated my firmware and set Enable on the Ignore internet ping setting.

When I realized this kept me from remotely controlling, I Disabled, the Ignore internet ping setting. When I checked it this morning, it was Enabled again. I Disabled it again.

Then I tried remotely control today and couldn't get through. I tried pinging my public IP and it doesn't work. I can ftp through it, but can't ping it.

Is there anyway I can get to my router's configuration pages from here. I might just write down all the settings I want and then restore the darn thing to factory default and start over. But first I have to get there.

It's controlled through an internet browser. Is there a syntax that would allow me to get there from outside my network? Inside, I'm on 192.168... IPs. I know my public IP.

Thanks

Update: it's my work environment keeping me from pinging. A friend in Germany (and my coworker from his remotely controlled home computer) was able to ping. My coworker was still unable to VNC. So that one still isn't working. It does work inside my network. I need it to work from outside. Or a viable alternative. I don't care which box I hit: Linux or XP or NT Server.

Gabrielle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.