Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been Workin On My Router for like 3 Hours

All of a sudden I get a error telling me unable to find server
Usually its just becuase I lost my connection but I was still showing a full signal on both my laptop and my wired PC

I reset all my default settings on my router and tried everything I can think of can anyone plzzzzzz help me???

·
Citizen of the world
51,138 Posts
Let's start with the make/model of the broadband modem and the router, the version/patch level of Windows in use. Are you using DSL or cable? Can you connect directly to the modem and get on-line?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The Rundown

"Let's start with the make/model of the broadband modem and the router, the version/patch level of Windows in use. Are you using DSL or cable? Can you connect directly to the modem and get on-line?"

Modem: Surfboard -- 584100 Cable Modem
ISP: -- Comcast Cable
PC: 1.3 GHZ, 1GB RAM, 10/100 Ethernet Card
Laptop: 1.8GHZ MacBook w/ Airport
Router Belkin 802.11b Wireless, Model # - F5D6231-4, Version 2000

I can connect to the Internet via Ethernet directly from my modem to my desktop. My problem occurs when I hook up the router. It started out saying that I was not allowed to access the network wirelessly using my laptop ( Something with the access control list wasnt allowing my IP ) so I reset my router to see if it would fix the problem incase someone had just accidentally hit something that made it block my laptop. Now it allows me to accept the signal, it shows it as being 100% on my laptop but it doesnt have working internet. If I connect my pc via ethernet from a my router it no longer gives me internet, where as before I reset it I was able to use the internet all though I wasnt able to connect to my laptop. I wasnt running a firewall because I just recently got my laptop and my router so is it possible that I was hacked?

·
Citizen of the world
51,138 Posts
I'm having real difficulty following what you said there. It sounds like northing's working, but you did still post here.

One issue is that you MUST turn off power to the modem whenever you change the attached device, did you do that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.