Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a router which i believe is a huawei e960. here is the info from the router. Boot Loader Version

Router Hardware Version
WLA1GCPU
Router Software Version
Release At
Nov 19 2007 10:46:04

Modem Hardware Version
WLB1TCPU
Modem Software Version

this router connects me wirelessly to my isp. there is not another one that i can use here. is there a software that i can use to configure port forwarding, can i put another router between this one and my computer to get the port forwarding option? is there an easier solution? i have been searching long and hard on the internet but to no avail. any help is greatly appreciated. :) ps all computers on this network are running vista home

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have gone throught the manual indicated. this is definitely the correct model. i think that maybe the provider is using a slightly deviated version of this software. there is not a link as indicated to get into the virtual server window. the company i am using is Zain. i have also tried to do a software update for the router as mine is dated Nov 07 but it asks me to find the image or gateway to be modified and i have no clue what i am looking for. i clicked the browse icon and it opens a window that i am supposed to use to look for a file. i have also looked at the huawei and zain websites to no avail. any further insight would be greatly appreciated. also, this probably belongs on another thread but as long as i am here any ideas on why it says i am connected at
SIM Card Status SIM Ready
Network Type HSDPA
Bandwidth 7.2 Mbps
Service Status Circuit & Packet Switched Capable

and it is soooo slow? i have 4-5 bars (of 5) of signal at all times. i guess one headache at a time. thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i was working on two other 960's today. they do indeed offer port forwarding however i am using outdated software / firmware. i click on the update button and am supposed to be browsing for an image. any idea where i can download the update? tech support was of little to no help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.