Tech Support Forum banner

Router crash

2332 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  keymaker
My roommate and I bought a Network Everywhere NR041 4-port Cable/DSL router (the Linksys economy line, I know, shame on me). It's been working fine for what we need it for, but there is one glaring problem that the router has. We have cable and we don't have a static IP address. I figure the DHCP lease expires once a week, maybe a little longer than that. When our modem receives a new IP address, the router crashes. This has happened twice so far. The router doesn't respond and I have to power cycle it. The firmware version on the router is 1.2.06 (newer, in fact, than the firmware that Linksys posts on their website, which is known to have a security flaw in it). The modem is a Webstar DPX2100.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Andrew
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I think it's time to either jump on Linksys or buy a new router. :smile: Of course, before you blame the DHCP process, check and see how long the WAN side lease is on the status pages.
hmmm......you can try using an older firmware and see if that helps out. i have a linksys BEFSX41 firewall router the last time i flash the firmware, which is about a year ago, i had stability problems with my router. the connection would cut off every 10mins or so. when i downgraded back to the older version, the router worked perfectly.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.