Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roommate and I bought a Network Everywhere NR041 4-port Cable/DSL router (the Linksys economy line, I know, shame on me). It's been working fine for what we need it for, but there is one glaring problem that the router has. We have cable and we don't have a static IP address. I figure the DHCP lease expires once a week, maybe a little longer than that. When our modem receives a new IP address, the router crashes. This has happened twice so far. The router doesn't respond and I have to power cycle it. The firmware version on the router is 1.2.06 (newer, in fact, than the firmware that Linksys posts on their website, which is known to have a security flaw in it). The modem is a Webstar DPX2100.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Andrew

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
I think it's time to either jump on Linksys or buy a new router. :smile: Of course, before you blame the DHCP process, check and see how long the WAN side lease is on the status pages.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hmmm......you can try using an older firmware and see if that helps out. i have a linksys BEFSX41 firewall router the last time i flash the firmware, which is about a year ago, i had stability problems with my router. the connection would cut off every 10mins or so. when i downgraded back to the older version, the router worked perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.