Tech Support banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno where it is, gotta go up and look, its not in the shingles ( thank God) its ion the metal part or where it connects on to the house at, I have a gallon of roof paint and a brush from lowes, would have bought a 5 gal can but that was $100 and I have other things to seal leaks with too

·
Administrator, TSF Manager
27,695 Posts
That's no fun.... :( Where does it show up at??

·
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the counter between the kitchen and dining room, I found a bunch of poine needles up there, every time they collect in large quanties the rook starts to leak, therefors, I am adding some plactic sheeting I have had forever up there taring it and painting te rook in that area

·
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They don't get through, they just conduct water and it fills up the valley and then in it comes
easy enough fix for me

·
Administrator, TSF Manager
27,695 Posts
Pine needles diverting water under some flashing??

·
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only when they get so thick and conduct water theres no flashing up there, its a 6 inch lip instead, I looked this morning before work when the temp was tolerable, so I guess the plastic will be over the wood I need to put there, this place is kinda strange, thats why I can fix it so easily built in 1920 , no electricity, no indoor plumbing , and no back porch, teh electric was installed in 1925, plumbing in 1952, so I'm thinking the back porch was added sometime between 20 and 52 because part of the back porch was used to build into the bathroom, and you should see the timbers they used under the cast iron tub, all I can say is Jesus Christ, when I yanked the tub out there was 0 water damage and the oak had turned into what we called Black Jack when I was a kid , the rest of the back porch was them roofed with metal and an old way of diverting water known as daming was used instead of flashing, so as long as I keep the pine needles out I'm good, meaning every two months I have to ho up on he flat part of the roof with a backpack bloweer that takes to hrs to start and leaks fuel all over my back, or go to lowes in Roanoke Rapids and pay $65 a board for 2 boards, gonna call a local lumber company in Scotland Neck and see how much wood I have to buy from them for them to sell to a private individual, but hey if I have to buy more than I need I stand to make a profit selling off the remaining lumber LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts